SHINee happy together. Happy New Year of the Earth Dog!
Ready or Not, A New Year Is on the Way!
Sign Up for Our Healthy Living Newsletter
Thanks for signing up!
Click your seat belt, gird your loins (don’t know what it means but it sounds good), open your mind and heart, expect your panties to get ruffled — just don’t let them get in a wad — and go for it. The New Year is coming at you whether you’re ready for it or not.
The good part of celebrating an annual New Year's Day is:
- You get an innovative fresh start. Of course, you are still hauling around the same old painful shell on the outside but inside, you can be a new you. You can be new even if you’re old. You figure it out. That’s your challenge for the year.
- You get to take everything you learned with you into the New Year but only if you remember it or it really doesn’t suck.
- You can choose to be smart and use all you’ve learned in this past year or you can repeat what you did last year again and again, which is, I’m told, the definition of insanity.
- That idea, person, or alien who was stupid last year will probably still be stupid this year. You are the only one who can be responsible for making yourself smarter.
- As far as those grudges you’re hugging, well, you can take them with you or put them to rest. That’s also up to you. Just remember: Less baggage makes it easier to get through life. The lighter you are the more easily those sore joints will climb the stairs. That also includes mental baggage.
- This is your chance to let go of the same old story. Nobody really cares to hear what you’ve been through over and over again, unless it relates to what you are, what you learned, or what helped you grow. Everyone has a story to tell. Time to sing a new tune even if you still do have the same old voice. Move along.
- Promise yourself the best healthcare you can find. This is the time to get a new doctor if yours is a jerk; say some things to him or her that need saying and take responsibility for your life.
- In this New Year you can choose to shake your bootie, or po-po if you prefer; or you can sit on it and watch it grow. It’s up to you. After all, it is your po-po.
- Now is the time to take the pain, the heartaches, and the bad times of last year and place them in a vault. Keep the key just for those times you wish to relive some part of what you experienced. Memories can be painful but they can also be beautiful, comforting and too precious to be lost. The film of your life is important, even if it is part tragedy and part comedy.
- Promise me just one little thing, okay? Do something fun at least every other day. Watch a humorous film, buy a new squirt gun and use it, buy a package of your favorite Jellie Bellies or chocolate creams and indulge yourself, or just behave in a silly manner. All of this will help you “get over yourself” and you’ll have a good time. Remember: Life is too important to be taken seriously. Share the joy with someone you love.
Happy New Year, Happy Clean Slate, Happy New You.
Video: Bridgit Mendler - Ready or Not
8 Movies to Watch Before They Expire from Netflix in March
How to Find the Most Popular Websites
Show report: Tommy Hilfiger AW’12
How to Be a Skinhead on a Low Budget
39 Unique Baby Names Inspired by Places
Low-calorie breakfast options to start your morning off right
50 Geometric Heart Tattoo Designs For Men – Symmetrical Ideas
Meet the Real Jeffree Star: Im in a Different Place. Im Growing Up
How Can I Stop Craving Sweets
Venison and Butternut Squash Stew Recipe
How to Choose Between a College Dorm or Apartment
REN Launches No. 1 Cleanser, Hopes It Will Be Your1
Carrie Underwood Loves These Leggings, And So Do I