Pesto Pasta with Peas and Walnuts
Pasta with Walnut Pesto and Peas
Jan 20, 2015
This light spring pastas incorporates fresh green peas and omega-3-rich walnuts.
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
Prep Time: 0 hours 30
Total Time: 0 hours 30
12 oz. farfalle or other short pasta
1/2 c. walnuts or almonds
3 tbsp. olive oil
1/4 c. grated Parmesan
1 1/4 c. frozen peas (or broccoli)
1/2 c. dry white wine
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water, drain the pasta, and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, spread the walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast until fragrant, 5 to 6 minutes; transfer to a food processor and let cool.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, season with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- While the onions are cooking, using a vegetable peeler, remove 3 strips of zest from the lemon. Thinly slice the zest; add it to the food processor along with the garlic and pulse until finely chopped. Add the Parmesan, 1/4 cup peas, 2 tablespoons oil, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper and purée until smooth.
- Add the wine to the onions and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the remaining 1 cup peas and cook, tossing, until heated through. Toss the pasta with the walnut pesto (adding some of the reserved pasta water if the mixture seems dry). Add the onion mixture and toss to combine. Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice and additional Parmesan, if desired.
Video: Green Peas & Walnut Pesto with Whitney Reynolds | In The Kitch with Momma Cuisine
How to End an Affair
How To Tone Down An Overly Rosy Complexion
Do Specialized Diets Help Autism
14 Popular Cooking Oils and How to Use Them
Beyonce’s London party style
What makes our feet fall asleep
11 people share their stories of being jilted at the altar
Date: 05.12.2018, 04:16 / Views: 53545