Grilled Veggie Pasta Salad - Recipe by Laura Vitale - Laura in the Kitchen Episode 130
Pasta Salad with Grilled Vegetables
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 3/4 cup salad | Calories: 229 | Total Fat: 13 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 181 mg | Carbohydrates: 27 g | Dietary Fiber: 5 g | Sugars: 3 g | Protein: 3 g | SmartPoints: 8
- 6 ounces short whole wheat pasta (like penne, farfalle, fussili, mezze maniche)
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 eggplant, sliced
- 1/4 cup bottled preserved grilled peppers, chopped
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 ground black pepper
- 4 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- Over high heat, boil a pot of salted water. When it starts to boil, put the pasta. Cook according to the number of minutes indicated in the package or until they are al dente.
- When they are cooked, put the pot under the faucet and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking. Drain then set aside in a bowl. Drizzle about a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil so that they won't stick to each other.
- While cooking the pasta, grill the vegetables. On a hot grill or griddle, cook the zucchini and eggplant.
- When the vegetables are cooked through and already have grill marks, dice them.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and ground pepper.
- In a big serving bowl, mix together the pasta, vegetables, bottled peppers, and mint.
Video: Grilled Veggie Pasta Salad
How to Evaluate a Dogs Temperament Before Choosing
How to Always Catch Pop Culture References
Susan Lucci Is 71 and Hotter Than Ever
How to Treat Mammary Disease in Intact Female Dogs
Original DIY Jewelry Display
The Perfect Gift For The Friend Who Has Everything
What Celebrities Wore To Meet The Queen
Tricky Baby Care Tasks
George and Amal Clooney have decided not to have more children
DIY Top 25 Homemade Sugar Scrubs
The Next Big Workout Trend: Just Add Water