How to Start a Mobile Kitchen Service 2018
How to Start a Mobile Kitchen Service
If you're looking for an opportunity to break into the food business and want to be able to go to your customers instead of waiting for them to come to you, then you might consider starting a mobile kitchen service. It is a viable method for a beginning entrepreneur to test the market before entering into a long-term lease for a conventional food business like a cafe or restaurant. To gain an understanding of how to start a mobile kitchen service, read the following steps.
Decide what type of food you want to sell in your mobile kitchen service.
- A mobile kitchen service can offer all sorts of different menus, from hot dogs, French fries, and popcorn to healthy soups, sandwiches, and salads.
- Bear in mind that a mobile kitchen service has space and equipment restrictions that will limit the types of foods you can produce.
Inquire about the costs of buying or renting a mobile kitchen unit to gain an understanding of the necessary investment.
Draw up a business plan that outlines the costs of starting a mobile kitchen service, advertising, equipment, and supplies.In addition, describe how you intend to reach your customers, what your management plan is, and how much revenue you expect to make in your first 2 years based on profit margins of the food products you sale.
Obtain the investment capital you need to start a mobile kitchen service by applying for a business loan from your bank or asking private investors for funding.
Apply for the necessary licenses and permits to start a mobile kitchen service.
- Register your mobile kitchen service with your city to obtain your business license.
- If you're planning to employ staff, apply for an employer's identification number (EIN) with your tax authority.
- Contact your local board of health and safety for a street vendor's license.
Rent or buy your mobile kitchen unit, also referred to as a concession trailer.
- If you're buying a used mobile kitchen service or renting one, make sure it contains all necessary basic equipment such as a sink, refrigerator, freezer, and counter top.
- If you're buying a new mobile kitchen or concession trailer, you can specify exactly which equipment you want in addition to the basics, such as a sandwich prep unit, additional sink, deep fryer, or griddle.
Determine where to sell your products.
- Contact your city's parking authorities to find out where you're allowed to park to sell your food products.
- Enquire at local business parks whether they'll permit you to sell your products on site. Most will do so for a small fee.
Draw up a menu with the food products and dishes you want to sell.
Advertise your mobile kitchen service with flyers and in local publications.
Purchase supplies for your menu, as well as napkins, plastic knives and forks, and paper bags.
Open your mobile kitchen service.
QuestionHow would I be able to get someone to fund my business?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou could make a GoFundMe account, consider looking at investors, or apply for a loan.Thanks!
If i want to use my yard to sell food with my mobile kitchen, do I have to contact the local board of health and safety for a street vendor's license?
Where do I obtain the licence from?
How would I be able to get someone to fund my business?
Things You'll Need
Employer's Identification number (EIN)
Street vendor's license
Mobile kitchen unit or concession trailer
Napkins, plastic knives and forks, paper bags
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Aug 23, 2019
Jun 17, 2019
Apr 12, 2019
Jun 5, 2019
Video: Mobile kitchen creating employment opportunities
How to Introduce Yourself at a Job Interview
How to Accept Someone Close to You Admitting Theyre Gay
How to Use Qigong to Improve Health
Oscar de la Renta Show, Spring-Summer 2015
How to Protect Suede Boots
6 Fitness Walking Shoes Thatll Inspire You To Get Moving
This Non-Toxic Stainless Steel Cookware Set Is Amazons Deal Of The Day
Weight Loss Surprises I Never Expected
20 Gorgeous Wedding MakeupIdeas
Brands Removing Food Additives from Their Products
How to Clear Your Experian Credit Report
Worst cities for singles to live
Anti-Inflammatory Tart Cherry Smoothie Recipe