Pineapple Juice Is More Effective Than Cough Syrup
How to Fight the Flu with Pineapple Juice
When flu season hits, you should take traditional preventative measures such as frequent hand washing and possibly getting a flu shot. There are some home remedies that can help you to feel better quicker as well. Though not backed with scientific research, this pineapple flu-fighting potion might be able to help you feel better, giving your body extra vitamin C and help for reducing inflammation.
Making the Drink
Go to the grocery store.You will probably be able to find your ingredients in the produce section and in the baking goods/spices aisle. All of the ingredients in the drink (which is spicy but nice) are common in other flu-fighting home remedies. You will need:
- Pineapple juice -- it’s full of bromelain, which has been used as an anti-inflammatory.
- 6 fresh lemons
- 1 bulb of fresh garlic
- Ginger powder
- Cayenne pepper
Mix it up.Mince up the garlic before you begin. Juice all 6 lemons and remove any seeds from the juice. The recipe:
- The juice of 6 fresh lemons
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. ginger powder
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 3 cups pineapple juice
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper.
Shake it up.Use a martini shaker or electric blender to get the best results. You can just combine the ingredients in a tall glass if you don’t have a shaker or blender.
Fighting the Early Stages of Sickness
Figure out if you’re sick.Determine if you’ve been tired lately due to lack of sleep or whether it might be a cold or the flu. Evaluate where it hurts. Typical signs of the flu include:
- Fever (often accompanied by chills)
- Sore throat
- Neck and back pains
- Runny nose, sinus pressure
Take your temperature.Sometimes low grade fevers go unnoticed because they can sometimes start before the rest of your flu symptoms (such as aches and pains). And if you feel certain you have a fever, it’s good to monitor it to make sure you don’t let it get too high.
Get some medication to help relieve symptoms.Depending on your symptoms, you will probably want to get some over the counter cold and flu remedies. Early intervention is key to reducing symptoms and feeling better. Some useful remedies might be:
- Cough syrup (it can be especially helpful if you’re having trouble sleeping)
- Pain relievers (this would be for fevers, headaches, and any body pain). Either acetaminophen (Tylenol, store brands) or ibuprofen (Advil, store brands) are good choices.
- Sinus spray (good for helping to keep your nose clear of mucus)
Talk to your doctor about an antiviral.For some people, having the flu can severely tax an already-compromised immune system. An antiviral can help you avoid the worst of the flu symptoms, and shorten the time you are ill. If you have various other health concerns, are pregnant, or over 65 you might be a good candidate for an antiviral prescription, which needs to be taken during the early stages of the flu.
Get the right dosage.Drink approximately 1 cup of the mixture four times daily until symptoms ease. Make more as necessary. Even if its ingredients are not actively helping you get better, the potion helps you stay hydrated.
Drink water.Getting enough fluids in your body while you’re sick is important -- it can help you recover more quickly. If you’re congested, try hot beverages like herbal infusions, or the classic chicken noodle soup. If you feel you still aren’t getting enough fluids, sometimes a sports drink can help restore more electrolytes and help you feel better.
Sleep.Rest for as long as you need. Sleeping helps your body heal and recover from the symptoms of whatever flu strain you might be suffering from. Stay away from others so that you don’t get them infected, and wash your hands often and well.
QuestionWhat do I do if none of them work?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou should then see your doctor.Thanks!
- Consult your physician if your symptoms do not improve or get worse after a few days.
- Customize the recipe to your taste. For example, if too much spice wrecks your stomach either reduce or eliminate the pepper and/or garlic and increase the juice element. No use getting a stomach ache while you are trying to feel better from a cold.
- Consider heating the mixture for a warming effect.
- Speed things up by purchasing pre-minced garlic and lemon juice in a bottle or can. The last thing you want to be doing is squeezing lemons and dicing garlic when you feel horrible.
Video: Pineapple and kombucha ferment (flu fighter)
If you have these five personality traits you’ll have a better quality of life
Modern Surgeons Borrow a Trick From Ancient Times
The Infuriating Way Facebook is Forcing People to Download Its New App
October 2019 Official Sweepstakes Rules: Flawless Skin in a Tiny Drop
Sulfur For Acne – How To Use Sulfur To Treat Acne Sulfur Benefits
Heart Health Awareness
How to Make a Star Wand
Video – how to get rid of dark circles
10 Skin-Care Commandments Facialists Live By
How to Compliment Your Date