TRYING THE ARIANA GRANDE HIGH PONYTAIL
How to Do an Ariana Grande Ponytail
Lots of us love Ariana Grande as Cat on Victorious. Her hair especially is sleek, practical, and beautiful. The high ponytail is a great way to keep your hair out of your face in a practical way while still adding some style to your look. Ariana Grande also uses this hairstyle to disguise damage to her hair. There are a few options for the ponytail-- you can wear it as a simple high ponytail, with sideswept bangs, or half-up. This is a big hairstyle, so be prepared for hair extensions and teasing.
Wearing a Simple High Pony
Give your hair volume.Put some dry shampoo or hairspray in your hair, and tease the front section of your hair. You can also use volumizing mousse on dry hair and blow dry it to add some volume.
- Teasing is the method of creating texture where you use a teasing brush or flat oval brush to comb small sections of your hair backward. Start in the center of a section of hair and draw your brush back in quick strokes toward your head. This knots your hair slightly, and creates volume.
- To blowdry your hair, don't part it. Instead, lift it up in sections at the roots and brush back to establish the direction of your style. Use your fingers or a round brush to control the sections as you dry them.
Add hair extensions.You don’t need hair extensions for a high pony, especially if you have thick hair. However, Ariana Grande’s hair always features a really big style that is sleek and flowing, which is achieved with extensions.
- Create an anchor (a small section of hair) where the center of the ponytail will be at the top of your head. Clip your extensions in a circle around that anchor.
- If your hair is significantly shorter than the length you want, pull it all into a ponytail first. Then wrap your extensions around the outside of the ponytail.
Sweep your hair into the ponytail.Gather your hair and pull it to the back of your head, securing it in an elastic.
- For the Ariana Grande style, you will want to put your hair more towards the top of the crown of your head.
- When you gather your hair, pull it up to avoid creating bumps.
Use a section of hair to hide the ponytail holder.Pull out a small section of hair from the ponytail or loose extension and wrap it around the elastic. Secure it with a bobby pin.
- You may want to use some hairspray to keep spiky extra hairs in check-- sometimes your hair may not be long enough to create a smooth disguise for the hair tie.
Adding Fun Variations
Give yourself sideswept bangs.Before you start your ponytail, part your hair dramatically to one side. If you have bangs, only part your bangs. If you don’t have bangs, just part a two inch section at the front of your head. Follow the steps for the basic pony, and then secure your bangs at the end.
- If you don’t have bangs, pull your parted front section of hair across your forehead, creating a draped line to the side. Then wrap the ends behind your ear. Pin it in the back of your head.
- If you have bangs, spray them with hairspray and brush them to the side. Try to keep them above your hairline to complete the look.
- There are two options for bangs if you are using long hair rather than actual bangs. You can let them hang low over your eye, or you can pull them taut to the side.
Create a half-up ponytail.This is a little bit less traditional, but it is in the spirit of the high-ponytail, big hair look. To begin, separate the top portion of your hair into a bun.Then add volume to the back of your hair.
- The half-up look requires a great deal of hair, so you will need to add hair extensions to the back sections of your hair. Do a little bit of teasing as well, and curl your hair in large sections.
- If you’re going to go big, go big! Use a few long extensions that go up the back of your head.
- Curl your hair by starting three inches from the root, wrapping your hair around the curling iron, and holding it for ten to twenty seconds.
QuestionDo I need extensions for an Ariana Grande ponytail?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerOnly if your hair is shorter than shoulder-length.Thanks!
QuestionWhat if your hair is a bit thick?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThick hair is deal, because you want a lot of hair in the pony to increase the Ariana Grande look.Thanks!
QuestionWhat if I don't have all of these supplies?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIf you don't have a curling iron or hair extensions, you can still add volume to the hairstyle with some teasing. Just be aware that the more teasing you do, the less flowing your hairstyle will be. Be sure to brush out the hair surrounding the teased hair, so that you hide the mess!Thanks!
QuestionHow can I make my hair thicker?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThanks!
QuestionDo I have to tease my hair if it's already thick?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou do not have to tease your hair. It simply gives it more volume, which thick hair might not need.Thanks!
QuestionWhat if my hair is in a bad condition?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerFirst, give your hair a good wash and let it dry naturally. Then once completely dry, give your hair a good brush (if your hair is weak or thin, consider combing instead of brushing). Then, go for a trim, or even a hair cut. This will get rid of split ends and ratty hair. Finally, massage some hair oil in once or twice a week to help get smooth, moisturized hair (remember - do not use too much hair oil in case of greasiness). After all this, you can go ahead with the hair styling. Just keep in mind that too much hairspray, chemical hair products, and oil isn't great for your hair.Thanks!
QuestionWhat do I do if my hair is thin, short, and straight?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou could either add extensions, or leave it the way it is a try some lower ponytails.Thanks!
QuestionWhat do I do if my hair is thick and the hairband won't stay?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerTry with more than one hair band.Thanks!
QuestionWill this work for hair that's a bit longer than shoulder length?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt could work, but most likely it will be harder to do and will not look as "big."Thanks!
QuestionWhat if my hair is in layers?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt will work, but it will just be a little tricky to do.Thanks!
How do I do a cat valentine ponytail?
How to do an Ariana Grande ponytail circa Victorious and Yours Truly?
What if my hair is short can I still do a high ponytail?
- Clean your comb before you use it. That way your hair will stay healthy, clean and smooth. You shouldn't brush your hair when there are little bits of dust and grime in between the teeth. Also, to wash out the hair gel, take another shower, and just scrub it out.
- Make sure you add a lot of gel under the ponytail. For many people, that space poofs out, so make sure you add just enough gel to keep it in place.
- Make sure you use the bumpy side of the bobby pin facing the hair for more volume, and sustain in keeping your bobby pin in place and there you have it!!
- Remember to keep the ponytail high on your head.
- Hair gel can give your hair a greasy look, so be careful if you choose to use it.
Things You'll Need
Strong hair tie
Wide tooth comb
Sources and Citations
Categories: | |
In other languages:
Español: , Русский: , Italiano: , Português: , Français: , Deutsch: , Bahasa Indonesia:
Video: We Tried Ariana Grande's Hair For A Week
How to Act at Cheerleading Tryouts
How to Work With Your ADHD Childs Teacher
How to Do a Manicure at Home
Duchess Of Cambridge Surprises London Bridge Attack Survivors
MS in America: 1 Million Strong (and Weak)
How to Get Your Bunny Used to You
Life May Be Weird but You Don’t Have to Be
Can Cranberries Prevent Bladder Infections
5 Ways Karma Impacts Your Business
How To Use Potato Juice For Hair Growth
10 Easy and Inexpensive Ways to Take Years Off of Your Appearance
11 Couples Talk About Being Married to Their High School Sweetheart