How to Contact Your Guardian Angel
How to Contact Your Guardian Angel
Many people around the world believe in guardian angels. Some think that each person is assigned a single angel to watch over them.Others believe each person has two angels, one for the day and one for the night.While the idea of contacting them is controversial, some believe your angels can be contacted directly through meditation and prayer.Keep in mind that contacting your guardian angel is a personal spiritual experience that may vary based on your faith, so these techniques might not work for everyone.
Learning About Guardian Angels
Read more about guardian angels to strengthen your connection.There is a wealth of knowledge in websites online and in books at your local library. Even though many religions believe in guardian angels, they hold very different opinions about their nature.
- While most faiths think that angels are a separate kind of being different from humans,others believe that people become angels after they die.
- Catholics believe that every person is assigned a guardian angel.
- Muslims think that every believer has two guardian angels, one to go in front and one behind.
- There are many conflicting views of guardian angels in Judaism. Some scholars assert that people do not have individual guardian angels but that God may send one or many angels to a person at a time of need.Others believe that every mitzvah a person does creates an angel companion.Still others say that an angel called Lailah watches over a person from conception to death.
Talk to your parents.If you're very young and not sure which religion your family belongs to, ask your parents for help. Ask them what they believe. Tell them about your attempts at contacting your guardian angel and make sure that they are fine with you doing that.
Consult a religious leader.Ask your parents if they will help you meet with a local religious leader to ask him or her about guardian angels. If you're old enough, you can go on your own. If you don't have a regular place of worship, you can try contacting local ones that interest you. Most religious organizations are happy to educate people about their faith when asked, even if you don't believe the same things.
Preparing to Contact Your Guardian Angel
Identify your guardian angel.Before you try to contact your angel, make sure that you know who your angel is and what your angel’s special powers are. If you are trying to contact a specific angel, then take some time to learn a little more about that angel.
- To identify your guardian angel, watch for signs. Pay attention to names and symbols that come up a lot. For example, if you notice that the name Michael keeps coming up, then your guardian angel might be Michael.
- You may also choose an angel to contact based on that angel’s associations. For example, Raphael is associated with healing and protection for travelers, so you may want to contact him if you have been dealing with illness or if you are planning a trip.
- Some people think of their deceased loved ones as their guardian angels. For example, you might identify a grandparent with whom you were close as your guardian angel.
Create an altar.Creating an altar might help you to contact your guardian angel by designating a space for spiritual energy. To create an altar, set aside a small space, such as a bookshelf or the top of a dresser. Place a cloth over the area and then add a candle and an object that reminds you of your guardian angel. Some people like to include photos, food, herbs, crystals, incense, and water as part of their altars.
- Think about the objects, colors, numbers, and other items associated with your angel as you choose items for your altar.
- Purchase a special candle just for your altar. Only use the candle when you want to communicate with your guardian angel.
- Place photos of deceased loved ones on your altar if you think of them as your guardian angels.
Learn a special prayer.Many people use special prayers to help them make contact with their angels. Some angels have prayers that you can learn and use when you contact your angel.If your angel is not well known, then you may want to consider writing your own prayer to that angel. You can write a prayer by following the basic structure used by other prayers to angels:
- address your angel
- acknowledge your angel’s special powers
- identify your needs
- close your prayer
Designate a time to contact your angel.To increase your chances of contacting your guardian angel, you should designate a specific time each day to pray and meditate. Having a daily practice will give your guardian angel more opportunities to contact you.
- For example, you might start or end each day with five minutes of prayer and meditation near your altar.
- You can also contact your angel in times of need, but make sure that you make regular contact with your angel as well.
Connecting With Your Angel in Everyday Life
Pay attention to what feels like strong intuition, or your "gut." Some people believe that this is the main way angels communicate with us. If you need to make a tough decision and don't have time to meditate, mentally ask your angel. If an answer pops into your head, your angel may be guiding you.
Keep a notebook.Write down whatever you think your angel may be telling you. Record inspirations that may occur during meditation. Memories are easily confused and insights forgotten. Having a clear reminder will help you keep your thoughts organized.
Remember that your guardian angel is by your side.The feeling of never being alone and always being protected is the greatest gift an angel can give. Let this knowledge give you the confidence to get you through tough times.
- Try imagining that your guardian angel is standing right behind you whenever you have to do something that is difficult. Doing so will help to give you strength and remind you that your guardian angel is watching over you.
Meditating on Your Guardian Angel
Prepare your space.Find a quiet place where you won't be disturbed, such as your bedroom. Turn off any electronic devices that may distract you, such as the television, phone, or computer. Turning off the lights and shutting your blinds will also help.
Light a candle.Candles are a great way to focus your attention during meditation. If you have created an angel altar, then you can light the candle on your altar. If you do not have an angel altar, then you can just light a candle and place it on a table in front of you.
- If you do not want to light a candle, then you can also use a rosary to help focus your attention or listen to some repetitive nature sounds, such as ocean waves or rain sounds.
Sit in a position that is comfortable.Meditation requires you to be still for a long time, so make sure that you are comfortable. For example, you may want to sit on a cushion. You can even lie down to meditate, as long as you're sure you won't fall asleep.
Breathe deeply and clear your mind.Close your eyes or watch your candle. Try not to think of anything, not even your guardian angel for a few minutes. Focus on keeping your breath steady and slow.
- If you notice that you have started thinking about something, then take a moment to acknowledge the thought and then refocus on your breathing.
Greet your angel.In your mind, say "hello" to your angel. Thank your angel for watching over you. Then, let your angel know about any problems that are bothering you and ask your angel for guidance.
- If you have learned or prepared a prayer, then take a moment to recite the prayer. You can do this in your head or say the prayer out loud.
Listen for your angel's reply.Any sign that your angel is there will most likely be subtle. For example, you may hear a faint noise, see a fleeting image in your mind's eye, notice a sensation of warmth, or get the feeling that someone is in the empty room with you.
- Some people believe that angels cannot interfere in our lives without being directly asked to. If you're not sure your angel is there, try asking your angel to let you know someone is there.
Emerge from your meditation slowly.When you have finished speaking with your angel, say goodbye. You may want to end your meditation with a prayer as well. If your eyes were closed, open them. Then, sit quietly for a minute or two as you let your mind go back to normal.
Practice your meditation.Keep in mind that meditation is a difficult skill to master. You probably won't get it right on your first attempt and that is okay. Just keep practicing your meditation and it will become easier.
- Remember that it is fine to start with just a few minutes of meditation per day and work up to longer periods of meditation as you become more comfortable.
QuestionCan I ask my guardian angel to help me in school?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes, of course! In addition to protection and guidance, angels also assist in giving knowledge to people.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I get all kinds of negative thoughts out of my mind and keep on concentrating on God's will?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerTry your very hardest to think of something completely different and positive. Pray!Thanks!
QuestionHow do I stop a negative voice in my head that keeps bringing my positive thoughts down?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerAsk God and your guardian angel to rebuke that voice and don't listen to it. Do it persistently and eventually it will go away.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I find out my guardian angel's name?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt depends. For example, if the name James keeps coming up, then it might be a sign. Or if you keep thinking of a particular name, that might be the answer.Thanks!
QuestionShould I pray to my guardian angel?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt depends on your religious/spiritual beliefs and your general preferences. If you wish to do so, go for it.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I find out whether some evil spirit is pretending to be an angel?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIf this is happening, then you will start to feel cold around the so-called angel and like you will have a sense that someone malevolent is in the room with you and it won't feel so safe.Thanks!
QuestionWhen is the right time to talk to my angel? Is it possible to introduce someone to the angels?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThe right time is any time that you wish to talk or when it seems pressing to you. Try to know your guardian angel's power and how it manifests itself, so that you can be certain you've connected. And yes, anyone can talk to another person's guardian angel. But it depends on your faith in God.Thanks!
QuestionWhere does my guardian angel's name keep popping up at?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt pops up anywhere really. Just keep track on names to see which one is used the most!Thanks!
QuestionIf I am an atheist, will I still have a guardian angel, and if so, could I still contact him or her?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerEveryone has an angel, no matter what their belief is. If you are atheist, and want to contact your guardian angel, go ahead for it.Thanks!
QuestionDo you have to meditate?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerNot at all! Your guardian angel is always there for you.Thanks!
If you want to contact your guardian angel, look for signs that will tell you some of the traits of your angel, like who it protects or its name. When you feel you know your angel, create an altar by covering a small table with a cloth. On top of the cloth, place a candle and an object which reminds you of your angel, such as crystals, herbs, or incense. Next, say a prayer addressing your angel, acknowledging its special powers, and identifying your need.
- While some people encourage others to give names to their angels, others advise that this isn't a good idea. Giving a being a name may make you feel more comfortable, but naming also conveys authority. Although your angel is there to help and guide you, you do not rule over your angel.
- Don't get discouraged if you can't seem to make contact with your angel. Most people are not able to speak with their angel directly.
- Be very careful when dealing with spiritual beings, such as angels. Some people think that it is possible to be contacted by evil spirits pretending to be angels.
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Español: , Deutsch: , Italiano: , Português: , Français: , 中文: , Русский: , Bahasa Indonesia: , Nederlands: , العربية: , Tiếng Việt: , ไทย:
Jul 27, 2019
Aug 28, 2019
May 17, 2019
Sep 20, 2019
Jun 26, 2019
Sep 19, 2019
Jun 28, 2019
Jun 29, 2019
May 29, 2019
Sep 26, 2019
Dec 9, 2019
Aug 8, 2019
Feb 13, 2019
Feb 17, 2019
Aug 17, 2019
Nov 19, 2019
Jul 13, 2019
Jan 2, 2019
Sep 15, 2019
Dec 16, 2019
May 11, 2019
Aug 2, 2019
Jun 6, 2019
Aug 3, 2019
Video: How to Meet Your Guardian Angel
The New SS14 Coat Shapes You Need To Know
How to Dye Your Eyebrows
How to Dissolve Nodules Naturally
What Is Whipple’s Disease
How to Add Links in Excel
Is Africa the next cycling superpower
How to Prevent Wiki Vandalism
MC Meets: Gabriela Moncada talks Tequila and all things Mexico
Beyoncé Uses This Brilliant Beauty Hack to Tame HerBrows
How to Kiss Like a Pro
Bruce Springsteen and Patti Scialfas Love Story Proves They Were Always Meant to be Together