1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 c. sugar
2 tbsp. canola oil
1/2 tsp. pure almond extract
1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
large egg whites
- Line a medium metal bowl with plastic wrap, leaving a 4-in. overhang on all sides. Pack the sorbet into the bowl and smooth the top. Cover with the overhangs and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 350°F. Oil an 8-in. cake pan and line the bottom with parchment. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and 2 Tbsp sugar.
- Separate the whole eggs, placing the yolks in a large bowl and the egg whites in a separate bowl. Add the oil, almond extract and 2 Tbsp water to the yolks and whisk until fully incorporated. Add the flour mixture, whisking until the batter is smooth.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the 2 egg whites and ¼ tsp cream of tartar until foamy. Gradually add 2 Tbsp sugar and beat until stiff, glossy peaks form, about 2 minutes.
- Stir ⅓ of the egg white mixture into the batter, then gently fold in the rest (make sure that the whites are fully incorporated). Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a pick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 22 minutes. Let the cake cool completely in the pan.
- Invert the cake onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Uncover the sorbet and invert onto the cake. Remove the bowl (but not the plastic) and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 450°F. In a large metal or glass bowl, whisk together the remaining 3 egg whites, ¼ cup sugar and ¼ tsp cream of tartar. Set the bowl over (but not in) a saucepan of simmering water and cook, whisking constantly, until the sugar dissolves and the whites are very warm to the touch, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the bowl from heat and, using an electric mixer, beat on low speed, gradually increasing to high, until soft, glossy peaks form, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the plastic wrap from the sorbet. Spoon the meringue over the sorbet and cake, swirling decoratively and making sure to cover entirely. Bake until the meringue just starts to brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from oven, transfer to a serving platter, and serve immediately or return to freezer for up to 4 hours.
Video: Gordon Ramsay - Baked alaska
Middle-class mums think breast is best
How to Look Cool on Animal Jam
Rosacea Medications That Work
How to Say Common Words and Phrases in Portuguese
Orange Creamsicle Cake
16Items Whose True Purpose Will Surprise You
Sometimes My Fatigue Is Not Just MS Fatigue
How to Decorate Your Home for Any Holiday Using a Video Projector on a Homemade Outdoor Stand
How Psoriatic Arthritis Raises Your Risk for Osteoporosis
How to Deal With Less Intelligent People
Remember these sell-out Topshop items
6 Foods Dermatologists Swear By For Amazing Skin
Best anti-snoring devices in india
How to Forgive Someone
Jury Duty Outfits – 25 Women’s Outfits to Wear for Jury Duty
Date: 04.12.2018, 09:43 / Views: 32451